App of the Week: Lumin
Lumin is an electronic magnifying glass for your iPhone or iPod. Not only does it magnify items, it can also keep a running history of images and can save or share these images with your friends via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Locked images can be magnified 10 times, or even more with ideal lighting, and can also be automatically mirrored to your Dropbox account.
Lumin also controls the camera flash on your device, so you can illuminate and magnify dark, hard-to-reach places with ease.
– a set of high-resolution reading glasses, with you wherever you take your iPhone
– a versatile magnifying glass with the ability to lock a magnified image
– a quick-capture camera that does not store images to your library unless you choose to
– a quick-share mechanism for sending captured images via email, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
For such a simple utility, the uses you’ll find for Lumin are endless:
– read restaurant menus with ease, even in low light
– read and share wine bottle labels
– zoom the fine print on contracts
– grab the serial number – in the dark – on the back of that cable box
– check your teeth, or makeup
– capture quick images you don’t want in your photo library, but do want to send somewhere
– look bugs in the eye
– see what’s under the couch, or the seat of your car
– send a close-up of your kid’s bruise to the doc
Your imagination is the limit!
* use of the camera flash/torch is limited to iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s models.
NOTE: Make sure you try a zoom gesture to see the magnifying power of Lumin! You can double-tap, or do a pinch-out to zoom in. Pinch, or two-finger tap to zoom out.